Spectrum Community Services
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides direct support in activities of daily living, as outlined in individuals Person Centered Plans. Provides support in a manner that promotes growth, health, community involvement, safety, dignity and respect for individuals. Collaborates and communicates with co-workers and individuals€™ support team to promote a positive and productive working environment. Contributes to the day to day operation of the home, in a safe and cost efficient manner. Identifies opportunities for improvement and actively participates in their implementation. Supports culturally competent recovery-based practices and person centered planning as a shared decision making process.
- Ability to successfully complete trainings required for position.
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- The ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a clear concise manner.
- The ability to interact with people in a positive and supportive manner.
- Completion of the personnel hiring requirements specified in the conditional job offer at the time of hire.
- Three references deemed acceptable to Spectrum
- Current valid drivers€™s license.
- Life experiences with diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, including experience with behavioral health issues, is preferred.
- Must support a trauma informed culture of safety to aid consumers in their recovery process.
- Provide support in all areas of daily living as needed by individual. This may include lifting individuals, assisting in transferring, moving wheelchairs.
- Support individuals in obtaining the goals (s)he have envisioned and outlined
In their Person Centered Plan.
- Enhance individual participation and involvement in his/her community. This
May include driving/transportation.
- Where assistance is requested/required, support individuals in making choices, advocate for him/her in areas of needs and wants.
- Assist individual in developing new relationships and supporting existing relationships.
- Interacts and communicates in a manner that is respectful toward all individuals.
- Creates environment and conducts activities in a manner that ensures health and safety of individuals.
- Develops and uses effective communication with each individual using a style suited to the individual.
- Communicate in a positive and productive manner at all times with co-workers, families/guardians and the public.
- Provide a positive role model for individuals, co-workers while in the community.
- Support co-workers and actively participates in team process, both in base program and other programs.
- Provides complete, accurate and timely documentation.
- Performs tasks that contribute to the day to day operation of the home (such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping.)
- Performs tasks in accordance with Spectrum Community Services Policies and Procedures and that of other regulatory bodies, (CMH, CARF, AFC Licensing Recipient Rights, etc.)
- Maintains home and vehicle in safe manner. Fixes or notifies someone, I.E., Supervisor of any safety or maintenance issues.
- Provides transportation in a safe manner for consumer using agency vehicle. Operates vehicles and equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Actively participates in SCS Quality Improvement Plans and Initiatives.
- Identifies areas for improvement and helps make the improvements happen.
- Actively participates in staff and team meetings and in all trainings (both required by position and voluntary).
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair