Disability Advocates of Kent County
Disability Advocates of Kent County is seeking an Independent Living (IL) Team Lead to join our dynamic and dedicated organization! This is a non-exempt position with a pay rate starting at approximately $21/hour based on experience, and full-time benefits including health, dental, vision, health savings account, a generous paid time off plan and more.
The Independent Living (IL) Team Lead will work closely with staff, consumers, interns, and volunteers on a variety of activities to promote independent living and community-based services for people with disabilities. Their primary focus will be to coordinate the Information & Referral (I&R) tasks for the organization that are provided by staff, volunteers and interns; and, assure consumers with I&R needs are assisted in the development of Independent Living Plans (ILPs). The assignment of the ILP tasks will be under the direction of the Core Services Manager.
Education & Experience: Bachelor or Master’s degree in social work, nonprofit, or related field or significant experience in these areas and working with persons with disabilities.
We advocate and facilitate action by persons with disabilities and the community to achieve equal access for all. We support equal employment opportunities at Disability Advocates for persons with disabilities through various workplace accommodations, therefore we encourage persons with disabilities and veterans to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair