TRC Environmental Corporation
Overview of Duties
- Perform various field technical services for the operation, inspection, and maintenance of electrical distribution systems including: system inventories and audits, joint use management and permitting, pad-mount inspections, ground-line pole inspections, metering and apparatus services, lighting audits, etc.
- Perform field data collection utilizing laptop computer, tablet device, GPS, and other electronic devices in order to collect data for input into database software as necessary.
- Develop a working knowledge of National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), electric utility construction standards, and telephone, cable and other communication facilities.
- Operate necessary equipment to take measurements on utility poles and mid-span facilities, perform pole inspections, inspect and perform maintenance on pad-mount equipment, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Acquire a working knowledge of the National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), national engineering standards, utility constructions standards, and best industry engineering practices.
Present ideas effectively in formal and informal situations. Communicate well in writing and utilize proper ethics with email and telephone communications. Keep supervisor and coworkers informed. Share complete and accurate information with others. Possess the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization and with outside clients and agencies.
Travel is primarily local to the client and project during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or similar discipline (Preferred)
- 2+ years Electric Utility or telecommunications field experience preferred
- Familiarity with National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications desired
- Proficient use of engineering software (Preferred)
- No experience or certifications required
- Valid Driver's license is required
- Travel is primarily regional to the utility client(s) territory during the business day.
- Overnight travel is possible
- EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair