Principal Life Insurance Company
Job LocationsUS-IA-Des Moines | US-CO-Denver | US-NC-Charlotte | US-MI-Grand Rapids | US-GA-Atlanta
Are you passionate about diving into new technology and delivering solutions in a fast-paced environment? If so, this job may be for you!
As a software engineer in our Retirement & Income Solutions (Annuities) area, you'll be responsible for Java development supporting a variety of retirement income and accumulation products. We support applications for interactions with customers, plan sponsors, Salesforce and internal administration. If you join the Annuities team, you can be involved with our platform modernization effort which includes opportunities to work toward onboarding a new administration system as well as assessing and leveraging the AWS cloud platform.Â In this position, you'll be collaborating and finding innovative technical solutions as part of a scrum team to improve and support our systems.Â
Youâll have the opportunity to:
- Provide mentoring and informal leadership to team members.
- Demonstrate independence working in more than one software development layer of the solution. Participate in technical design of features.
- Own continuous improvement for yourself and your team, including product owners.
- Work as part of a dynamic team with culturally diverse members, that have a broad range of both technical skillsets and business knowledge, on development of solutions.
- Experimenting with new tools and practices to deliver business value in an Agile organization.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree with a preference in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) related field or equivalent work experience (6 years of experience equates to an Associateâs degree when defining âequivalent work experienceâ)
- 2+ years ofÂ professional object oriented software development experience
- 1+ years of java development experience
- API integrations (REST) experience
- Spring framework experience
Additional preferred technical experience:Â
- Cloud experience (AWS)
- Automation tooling
- DevOps practices (TDD, CI, CD, etc.)
- Agile practices and Agile tooling (JIRA, Confluence)
This team is primarily located in our corporate headquarters in Des Moines, IA but are considering remote applicants.Job level
Weâll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.Work Authorization/Sponsorship
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.)Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, youâll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.Experience Principal
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees - individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why weâre an exceptional place to grow your career.Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair