General Dynamics Land Systems
Stryker Program Office Specialist
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Department:Stryker Program Office -Direct - L0557 (Direct)
Location:Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:More than 10 years
Opportunity in the Stryker and Specialty Wheeled Vehicles (SSWV) Program Office, primarily managing the Stryker Engineering Support In Production (ESIP) functions as part of the Stryker Production Contracts. The position reports directly to the Stryker ESIP Production Manager. The position also works synchronously with the Stryker Production Manager (GDLS-C). Additionally, there is everyday communication and coordination with both the Stryker Engineering & Production teams. Cooperatively, the ESIP team seeks to resolve Production issues ensuring on-going and efficient sales while meeting financial objectives.
The ESIP Program Specialist fulfills a critical role balancing Contract requirements against Customer desires and internal solution development. The ESIP Program Specialist must maintain a product life-cycle perspective and ensuring solutions are effective and production and/or retrofit efficient. Solutions must minimize non-recurring and recurring cost.
The ESIP Program Specialist in accord with the Engineering and Production core team interact with the US Army PM-SBCT team routinely. Fostering a trustworthy and honest relationship with Customer is critical.
The position includes accountability for contract financial performance, responsibility for developing cost & schedule estimates, negotiating with the customer, and accountability for the monthly Current Estimates (CEs).
Key Characteristics of this position:
- Delivering on our promises - Meet the customer "want" with high-quality and reliable performance; timely and helpful responsiveness; set high expectations and standards
- Partnership- Positive internal & external collaboration, builds trust and teamwork; don't be afraid to say when you don't know or need help (socialize speed bumps)
- Accountability- Respond to inevitable shortfalls with honest, prompt corrective actions; demonstrate humility, judgment and drive; be proactive to provide solutions, even "outside your lane"; hold others to a high standard of accountability
- Be one Company - Transcendence in representing all aspects of GDLS with all Customers; when a decision is made, everyone supports it
Listen and ask - Complex problem solving, relentless communication; promote culture of decision-making at the lowest level; communicate to balance competing factors (technical, cost, schedule)
- Financial priorities - secure yearly financial objectives in the face of inevitable issues with manpower priorities, timely deliverables, and customer expectations; find compromises for win/win situations
Critical thinking - assess and evaluate conflicting information to determine the best balance between conflicting objectives
Diplomacy - ability to say "no" to the customer in a graceful way.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience, which includes production or manufacturing
- Demonstrated leadership performance within a multi-disciplinary team; provide direction and hold others accountable
- Willingness and patience to develop trusting customer (PM-SBCT) relationships
- Prior experience and understanding product (hardware and software) development and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) processes
- Possess analytical aptitude to assess impacts of product/production changes throughout the product life cycle
- Must distill detailed programmatic or technical issues into concise and understandable solutions and recommendations
- Present Programmatic and Technical issues and resolutions to GDLS and Customer Sr. Leaders
- Understanding of Financial principles (orders, sales, earnings, cash) and how they are impacted by product/production changes; manage and control budgets
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair