General Dynamics Land Systems
Direct - Embedded Software BSP Engineer (E band)
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Department:SSWV Vetronics SW & Lethality - L9665 (Direct)
Location:Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:More than 10 years
Join a dynamic group of software engineers responsible for the design, development and support of embedded software solutions for the world's premier land-based combat vehicle producer.
Software: Board Support Engineer
Provide leadership and support on Abrams related projects. Responsibilities include:
- Building and configuring the VxWorks, Linux or Other operating systems.
- Extensive Embedded VxWorks, Linux development with Board Support Package expertise (BSP).
- Knowledge of board support for Arm, Power, Intel and RISC-V architectures.
- Various Device Driver development, extensive Kernel experience, Bootloaders, Secure Boot, Self Encrypting Drive (SED)
- Writing various peripheral drivers highly desirable.
- Excellent C, C++ programming experience.
- Understanding of system calls and string data, knowledge of Networking (TCP/IP stack, lower level L2/L3).
- Development of device drivers based on product requirements and performance criteria.
- Debugging system using the testing and diagnostic routines on the hardware system and potentially in simulation.
- Design and implement software for Abrams Vehicle Tank and weapon system devices from requirements phase to production phase.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources.
- Work closely with internal/external OS engineering team, Hardware design team, Chip vendors to debug and resolve issues.
- Familiarity in designing system software for PPC and Intel based platforms using VxWorks and Linux OS.
- Understanding of boot sequences, especially for unattended embedded VxWorks and Linux systems.
- Experience with writing, building, testing and debugging of kernel tasks and loadable modules.
- Experience writing test scripts and packaging specifications.
- Good working knowledge of revision control and code review tools like GIT.
- Excellent team player with great communication skills (written, and verbal).
- Knowledge of Secure boot development, Trust zone, TPM is a plus.
- Configure the operating system to minimize exposure to cyber-attacks.
- Install, interface and access board level diagnostic tests.
- Assist with development and/or review of software documentation including SRS, SVD, SPS and related test documentation
- Prepare and submit status reports to management.
- Insure all work conforms to software development process improvement and CMMI Level 5 initiatives
- Must have Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, and Computer Science or related. Other technical degrees will be considered with related experience
- minimum of 10 years related experience
- Experience with multiple protocols, such as TCP, UDP, IP, SAE J1939, CANopen, CORBA, and DDS.
- Previous experience with military vehicle software preferred.
- Experience in using Microsoft software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with high level Programming Languages such as C and C++.
- Familiarity with some of the SW Development tools desired - DOORs, AdaCore, Code Peer, Wireshark
- Previous experience with Linux and VxWorks operating systems.
- Experience with multiple busses, such as Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553B, and CAN.
- Experience with OPAL2 drives, self encrypting drives, BIOS, UEFI, GRUB, VFIO, secure boot
- Excellent customer skills required.
- Excellent writing skills required.
- Possess Secret clearance.
- Requires some limited travel (training/seminars/meetings).
- Occasional overtime, weekend, and off-hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair