Advantage Technical Resourcing
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the baddest, toughest, coolest and âmission criticalâ vehicles on EARTH!! Call me to discuss how you can bring your talent to the cutting edge of military technology!
Title: Mechanical Engineer (Military Vehicle Armor Design)
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Duration: 12 months plus/possible direct hire
Pay: $50.00 - $55.00 per hour based off experience
The Armor Engineer will design and develop armor systems for combat vehicles.
B.S. in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years engineering experience and 5 years of armor experience. Fewer years will be considered with an advanced degree.
Description of duties:
- Lead the design, development, and release of ballistic armor solutions
- Troubleshoot production and test related armor issues
- Plan and execute ballistic testing
- Must have strong mathematical and problem solving skills
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to interact will all organizational levels
- Able to work with design services to create detailed drawings and provide technical support for concurrent engineering
- Able to support procurement and onsite prototype build/integration activities and resolve issue
-Able to read technical drawings. Working knowledge of GD&T is a plus.
- Work in an IPT Integrated Product Team environment and be able to communicate across functional organizations
- Performing failure analysis & be able to provide technical direction for corrective action solutions
- Write technical reports & modification instructions
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required
- Must be able to work in office, shop, test lab and test site environments
- Must be able to work overtime if required
- Must be able to travel if required
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair