General Dynamics Land Systems
Intern - Vehicle Electrical Systems and Verification
Department:TCV Systems Engineering - L9882 (Direct)
Location:Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Education Required:High School Diploma
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our three-month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study and class standing, and have the students embedded in key functional areas of our business, getting real-world experience and mentorship from seasoned professionals.
This is a Summer Intern position within Engineering supporting Vehicle Electrical Systems and Verification (VESV) design and verification activities in the areas of diagnostics, data bus communication, user interfaces and vehicle control systems.
- Support vehicle electrical system design activities based on system-level requirements, including requirements analysis, design, test plans, test execution, & test reports.
- Perform laboratory and/or vehicle testing/integration.
- Investigate/debug complex system interfaces.
- Support Technical Reviews and testing.
- Coordinate with other organizations, compiling input, and providing status or direction as required.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering majors are preferred.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidates must successfully pass standard pre-employment screens and must provide an original transcript from their school before their first day of employment.
- Students must be able to complete a minimum of a full time, 3 month assignment
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and technical skills, commensurate with experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated initiative and organizational skills. Ability to work independently with direction from others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills required.
- Must meet Anthropomorphic Size Restriction (ASR) requirements to work within military vehicles.
- Use of computer and test equipment in both a laboratory and vehicle environment required to complete primary job duties.
- Occasionally must lift and carry test equipment weighing 30 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair