Amazon.com Services Inc
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Operations Manager
Who We Are - Since 1994, Amazon has evolved from a single retail website to become a global development platform as well as an e-commerce and publishing partner. Innovation is in our DNA, and we constantly seek out the world's brightest technology minds to research and develop new solutions to improve the lives of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Because that's what being Earth's most customer-centric company is all about, and it's still Day One at Amazon.
Amazon's transportation teams work to ensure the delivery of packages for customers around the world. Customers around the world have ordered hundreds of items per second and our transportation teams play a critical role ensuring packages make it to customers' doors on-time and in the expected condition.
The Station Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound, outbound and sortation operations at an Amazon Delivery Station (24/7 last-mile carrier site). Delivery Stations represent the last leg of our delivery network. Customer packages travel from our Fulfillment Centers to regional Sort Centers and finally end up at our local Delivery Stations where packages are sorted and dispatched directly to the customer via delivery service providers (couriers).
Station Operations Managers will actively engage with site and regional operations leadership to implement new operational improvements and new services. We expect our managers to continually identify ways to improve our operations.
Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and associates in outbound or inbound operations
Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance and customer experience of the shift.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance, resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
Additional Job Elements:
Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
Must be able to work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet challenges in a deadline-driven environment.
* A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
* 3+ years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
* Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights, and/or holidays
* A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
* Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and its performance
* Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
* Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair