General Dynamics Land Systems
Combat Vehicle Mechanic (SCA) JBLM, WA
Department:JBLM Operations - L9587 (Direct)
Location:Ft. Lewis Operations - Tacoma, WA
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
****Pending Award of Contract****
**** 45th CHem JBLM, WA.***
- Perform trouble shooting specific faults, failures and deficiencies.
- Ability to utilize download equipment to transfer and read data to manage software configuration.
- Understand and describe acronyms related to turret and related LRU systems.
- Identify parts through IETM, Schematics and cross reference based on vehicle configuration.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on family of "Stryker" Vehicles.
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in automotive systems (power-pack) engine, transmission, cooling, fuel, exhaust, driveline and suspension using built in test equipment (BITE), test equipment and/or manual troubleshooting procedures (MTPs), common and special tools and applicable technical documentation.
- Repair sub-systems and components, line replacement units (LRU's) of the "Stryker". Perform maintenance steps to accomplish repairs will include disassembling, removing and replacing worn/ damaged/defective part(s), adjusting, reassembling and testing using applicable technical documentation.
- Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in hydraulic systems common to all "Stryker" or unique to variants of the "Stryker" vehicle.
- Complete maintenance and administrative forms and other paperwork related to performance of duties.
- Read and interpret troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures and flow diagrams for systems, subsystems and components.
- Skilled in computer operation and Microsoft operating systems. (Word, EXCEL and Power-point)
- Maintain accountability of special tools, test equipment and property.
* 3 to 5 years related work experience required.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Associates Degree preferred.
* Excellent communication skills along with professional demeanor that extends to all levels of the organization.
* Proven progressive problem solving skills.
* Ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
* Strong strategic thinking, organizational, and judgment skills.
* Must be a self-starter and capable of working independently.
* Display leadership qualities as well as the ability to articulate directions and effectively train/mentor others.
* Promote and maintain a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork in achieving business objectives.
* Experience and/or ability to interact with multiple departmental technologies (i.e., engineering, business, technology, etc.).
* Knowledge of GDLS products, processes, and military terminology preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
* Documented trade school, certified technical training or commercial training.
* Must be able to meet and maintain ASR requirements
* Must be able to gain and maintain access to military facilities.
-Work in improved and unimproved maintenance facilities as well as field environment.
- Ability to adjust to customer work schedule changes.
- Occasional work in confined space within vehicle interior.
- Potential for exposure to temperature extremes in performance of duties.
- Normal color vision, Dexterity in fingers of both hands, pickup and carry 70 lbs. for distance of fifty (50) feet.
- Successfully pass and maintain physical deployment requirements.
- Successfully pass government/military SRP requirements for deployment.
- Successfully pass and maintain ASR requirements, military BMI requirements.
The company will not be able to hold your spot in your current position
The Company and the Employee acknowledge that the Employees employment is and shall continue to be at-will, as defined under applicable law. If the Employees employment terminates for any reason or he/she chooses not to sign annual extension, there is no guareeteed said employee would be able to return to a stateside position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair