General Dynamics Land Systems
Intern - Software Engineering
Department:SSWV Vetronics SW & Lethality - L9665 (Direct)
Location:Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Education Required:High School Diploma
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
We're looking for someone to join the Vetronics Team who is innovative, interested in future technologies and able to manage tight deadlines, shifting priorities and changing requirements.
The candidate will offer experience in the following areas:
- Embedded software development in C or C++ (x86/64, ARM, Motorola, Freescale)
- Development on a variety of platforms including Window CE/Embedded and Linux.
- Building applications for State Machines.
- Defining software requirements
- Writing test plans and conducting software testing
- Student who has completed a minimum of 3 years and working towards a University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Expertise in C/C++.
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) design and/or model driven development
- Experience with serial protocols for communication and logging.
- Experience with command line
- Testing and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication network protocols (SAE J1939, TCP/IP, UDP).
- Ability to participate in concept, UI, and feature development
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Requirements for confined space
- Ability to travel (5% Canadian and 5% US & International) and possess/able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair