General Dynamics Land Systems
Intern - Software Engineering
Department:SSWV Vetronics SW & Lethality - L9665 (Direct)
Location:Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our three-month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study and class standing, and have the students embedded in key functional areas of our business, getting real-world experience and mentorship from seasoned professionals.
- Perform software requirements analysis and development from Vetronics and/or vehicle operational requirements.
- Ensure traceability to the allocated requirements.
- Support development of Vetronics and vehicle system requirements models.
- Perform software architecture design from the allocated requirements.
- Develop software detailed design interfaces and provide implementations consistent with the design.
- Perform unit level tests and functional integration tests.
- Assist in the development and performance of systems level tests.
- Prototype proofs of concept as necessary.
- Participate and support technical reviews.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other GDLS organizations outside of the software area.
Must be pursuing a Bachelors degree in an Engineering / Software Engineering discipline. Computer Science or Electrical Engineering majors are preferred.
- Candidate must have attained Sophomore status (completed Freshman requirements)
- Candidate must be 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidate must currently be attending an accredited university or college and enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Candidate must preferably have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Candidate must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- The Intern must be able to complete a minimum of a 3 month assignment and work full time for the duration.
- Occasional overtime, weekend, and off hours.
- Experience with C, C++, Java or ADA programming languages & UML and Object Oriented concepts.
- Familiarity with DOORS is desirable.
- An undergraduate level course in Operating Systems and/or compiler design highly preferred.
- Basic UNIX/Linux bash shell scripting
- Building software using the "make" utility- Knowledge and experience in Linux desirable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair