General Dynamics Land Systems
Intern - Contracts
Department:CONTRACTS ADMIN - DIV - L0750 (Indirect)
Location:Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Education Required:High School Diploma
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
The General Dynamics Land Systems Intern Program provides an opportunity for students looking to start or continue the transition from academia into industry. Our three-month internship assignments provide compensation based on area of study and class standing, and have the students embedded in key functional areas of our business, getting real-world experience and mentor-ship from seasoned professionals. This intern assignment is intended as an introductory level assignment and will involve a range of special projects assisting a team lead on streamlining various business processes within Contracts and that cross into other departments of the organization. This internship will provide the right candidate with a unquie opportunity to gain a better understanding of the Government Contracting environment including day-to-day contract administration activities as well as understanding compliance requirements. Special projects may touch on the following subject areas:
- Evaluation and streamlining of the proposal process
- Support the implementation of the Contracts Lifecycle management tool
- Review and disposition of records retention documents,
- Assistance with audit support as necessary, and
- Enhancement of a formal training program for the Contracts department.
This internship will provide exposure to contract administration duties such as handling contractual documents to prepare for, participate in and support contract negotiations. Opportunities will be provided to assist in the administration of assigned contracts including execution, modification, claims, correspondence, negotiation and closeout.
- Assist contract manager and administrators in the drafting of sales orders.
- Assist in the resolution of concerns received from the customer.
- Participate in the preparation of requests for quotation, bids and proposals.
- Ensure that all required approvals and notifications are obtained prior to issuance of any/all contract administration actions or documents.
- Assist the contract manager and administrators in providing support for the Contracts Database and administrative matters.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Business, Law, Finance or closely related majors
- Candidates must have completed freshman year requirements
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Candidates must currently be attending a university or college and enrolled in an undergraduate program
- Candidates preferably must have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- The Intern must be able to complete a minimum of a 3 month assignment and work full time for the duration.
- Solid oral/written communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Ability to work independently when requested
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair