General Dynamics Land Systems
Sr Financial Analyst - Accounting
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Department:Division Payroll - L0190 (Indirect)
Location:Sterling Heights Complex (LSHC)
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:5 - 7 Years
The Sr Financial Analyst Accounting is responsible for a wide array of accounting, payroll and tax related matters. Successful applicants will have a good understanding of the principles of accounting and internal controls along with an awareness of the elements of taxable income and reporting requirements. As a key member of a small, high performance team, the Sr Financial Analyst will:
- Run automated interfaces to import payroll transactions into the general ledger. Review and reconcile transactional data to ensure processes are complete and accurate. Maintain adequate documentation in accordance with internal controls to satisfy SOX requirements.
- Prepare timely and accurate account reconciliations ensuring all items are cleared in a timely manner. Perform analytical procedures to detect weaknesses and discrepancies, perform root cause analysis and implement procedures to improve overall effectiveness.
- Execute analytical procedures over global mobility of work force to identify wage reporting requirements. Process imputed income calculations and reporting procedures. Prepare and execute shadow payroll reporting procedures.
- Maintain balances for payroll accruals including accrued wages, vacation, incentive compensation plans and payroll taxes. Perform analytical procedures to ensure balances are accurate and identify discrepancies.
- Perform imputed income, wage reporting and hypothetical tax procedures for U.S. and ex-patriot work forces. Estimate annual imputed income requirements, establish accruals and perform monitoring procedures to identify interim adjustments and year-end true ups.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors by providing documentation for audit requests, performing walkthrough demonstations of accounting processes and flow charts and performing adhoc queries and data reconciliations.
- Prepare reports and supporting documentation for inter/intra company transactions in a global multi currency business environment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required, other related degrees will be considered with relevant work experience. Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Understanding of Government Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations and accounting for long term contracts requirements beneficial
- Oracle experience beneficial
- Candidate should possess:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel,, PowerPoint, Word and Access)
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of management and employees in a diverse global workforce
- Ability to prioritize and work multi-task assignments
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work expeditiously and meet dead lines
- Discipline to follow procedures and comply with internal controls
- Ability to work casual overtime
- Comfortable working with computer applications and financial systems
- Must be a U.S. Person (i.e. a lawful permanent resident of the U.S.)
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair