General Dynamics Land Systems
Accounting Specialist (F band)
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Department:Government Accounting & Audit - L0110 (Indirect)
Location:Sterling Heights, MI (LDIVI)
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:5 - 7 Years
- Applicants will be required to perform account analysis and should be comfortable tracing account transactions back to source documents.
- Candidates must be able to prepare written explanations as well as discuss audit issues with all levels of management.
- Candidate will be required to revise and maintain the description of cost accounting practices as well as research and prepare position papers on cost accounting issues.
- Candidate will manage the Division's labor auditing program.
- This job requires flexibility and the ability to handle several assignments independently.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. Other degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
- Candidates must have strong Microsoft Office skills: work proficiently in Excel including creation of pivot tables, query capabilities and use of functions; strong skills in Microsoft Word.
- Experience with internet search engines are highly desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels and foster relationships.
- Strong organizational and time management skills/ability to continually prioritize workload and respond to top priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Meticulous attention to detail with both the drive and eagerness to research details necessary to accomplish responsibilities and solve problems.
- Ability to handle confidential information and exercise sound discretion and judgment.
- Certification in CPA, CMA or CIA a plus.
- Experience in accounting, audit or related area with knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations, and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations a plus.
- Experience with Oracle desired.
- Self starter with ability to work on projects with minimal supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair