General Dynamics Land Systems
Specialist Program Management
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Department:FP Program Office - DLA Spares - LF064 (Direct)
Location:Ladson, SC (LF000)
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Experience Required:More than 10 years
* Program Management Specialist will manage, execute and monitor the cost, schedule and performance of development, production and/or sustainment programs.
* Lead, develop and maintain proposal preparation including the plans, specifications, and financial conditions of the contracts.
* Manage assigned business from proposal through contract close-out to meet cost, schedule and performance requirements as outlined in applicable contract scope of work.
* Interface with both U.S. and Foreign Governments relative to the solicitation, proposal, and management of Foreign Military Sale (FMS), Direct Commercial Sale (DCS), Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) and US Army transactions. Travel to customer sites as required.
* Control the execution of customer requirements, and manage communications.
* Manage the coordination, preparation, and historical filing of customer communications regarding contract/project performance and compliance.
* Monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, resolve program concerns, and coordinate the work of colleagues from various departments who are assigned to support proposal development and program execution.
* Implement and ensure that current information/status is communicated appropriately to leadership and teammates regarding projects, tasks, operations and financial status.
* Manage day to day relationships with multiple internal departments and external customers
* Coordinate extensively with Program Managers to capture and grow the Spares/Sustainment business.
* Must have 10 years of experience in and be capable of managing the proposal development process, preparing proposals, and executing contracts. Tasks include, but are not limited to, interaction with multiple departments (estimating, contracting, supply chain, engineering, finance, production plants, etc) and integrating all functions into a cohesive output to deliver products on time.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Business, a technical field and a demonstrated track record of project management expertise are required. An MBA and/or PMP are a plus.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in the manufacture and development of military equipment and vehicles or related industry. Vehicle and/or production support and aftermarket experience is a plus.
* Experience working with US Army and DLA as well as a thorough understanding of DLA's systems such as DLA's Internet Bid Board System for Solicitations (DIBBS) is preferred.
* A strong focus and discipline to a process and process improvement.
* Capable of receiving Secret Security Clearance is required.
* Must have experience with Oracle or related MRP systems and a demonstrated track record of project management execution in a manufacturing/production environment
* Must be capable of business travel.
* Must be capable of communicating in both written and verbal modes at the management level.
* Must have the ability to work with a diverse multicultural group.
* Must be customer focused and action oriented
* Must have excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through to completion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race and/or ethnic background, national origin and/or ancestry, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, military service, veteran status, disability, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, genetic information, or membership in any class protected by applicable law from discrimination in employment.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair