Pittsburgh Glass Works, LLC
Director Product Engineering & Design, North America in Rochester Hills, MI at Vitro
The Director Product Engineering & Design, North America is responsible for the implementation of glazing systems within the automotive industry, these systems can range from single, glass only parts, to full vehicle glazing systems. The responsibilities can vary from build to print, to full engineering and design responsibility. All activities must be complete on time within budget meeting all internal and external launch activity milestones. To ensure all deliverables are meet the incumbent will be responsible for creating, mentoring, and sustaining an industry leading team of engineers and designers on a regional / global basis.
- The incumbent will provide leadership to the North America Product Engineering, Design and Validation teams in support of all programs in production and/or in active launch.
- Drive the overall strategy and objectives for the Product Engineering, Design and Validation teams to support The Company's strategic initiatives and long range plans.
- Ensure consistency across all regions, processes and disciplines within the Product Engineering, Design and Validation teams on a global basis.
- Work closely with cross-functional stake-holders, such as Program Management, Operations, Sales, Quality, and other R&D and Development groups to solve problems and to guide projects forward.
- Support the legal team in matters related to intellectual property protection, including IP strategy, IP evaluation, patenting, licensing and litigation.
- Build, justify, and manage resources, including annual budgets, personnel, equipment and facilities to support new product development and key customer interactions.
- Coach, mentor and develop individuals and build high performance teams.
- Define goals, perform reviews with all direct reports, including performance based evaluations and career development activities.
- Directly manage and Develop Engineering resources to meet all current and future needs within the business.
- Direct, manage and track multiple concurrent engineering projects while ensuring their success in meeting their timing and cost objectives.
- The incumbent will lead the Engineering, Design and Validation teams in meeting all customer requirement's while at the same time optimizing Vitro's return on investment, material or financial.
- The incumbent will provide all necessary Product Engineering cost estimating to support all internal and external customer bid actives.
- He/she will continue to integrate all regional engineering resources on a global basis to deliver exceptional value to the OEM and Vitro businesses.
- Working directly with the customer at all levels of the Product Design Life cycle from concept, launch, production and maintenance.
- The incumbent will adopt a model of supplier management by which each commodity supplier will be leveraged for the specific expertise in the area of the glazing system.
- The incumbent will work closely with the Director of Manufacturing Technology, Director of Product Development, Director of Tempered Product development, and the Director of Value Add, to insure design for manufacturability and successful product launches.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills given its frequent interaction with Customers, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, Research, and Senior Management. The incumbent must have a broad technical background, sufficient to understand optics, electronics, thermodynamics and mechanics of glass and its associated systems with an emphasis on vehicle architecture. The incumbent must possess overall business acumen sufficient to justify new products, processes, or value-added functions.
- A degree in Engineering
- Minimum of ten years' experience in technical project management
- Demonstrated skills in both technical and people leadership
- Detailed knowledge of Automotive OEM systems and processes
- Advanced engineering degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair