TCF Financial Corporation
TCF Bank is a premier Midwest bank offering consumer and commercial banking, trust and wealth management, and specialty leasing and lending products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
Our team members will join other professionals that share the philosophy of making a positive impact.Â We are committed to building better communities by improving the quality of life in the communities we serve.
With TCF Bank, you will be part of a fast-paced, community-minded organization while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities.
TCF National Bank and its affiliated companies (collectively TCF) is an equal employment opportunity employer. TCFâs policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital or familial status, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.Â TCF also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. TCFâs policy is to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or other characteristic as required by applicable law.
TCF provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.Â If you need an accommodation or assistance in the application process, please contact TCF Human Capital Management at [1-833-HCM-8454 or [HCMSC@tcfbank.com].
To coordinate, direct, manage and participate in the sales and operations of an assigned TCF branch office to achieve corporate objectives as determined by management.Â The Branch Manager provides on-site leadership, motivation and direction for branch staff.Â Â Responsibilities also include developing new business, providing a superior level of customer relations and promoting the sales and service culture.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Ensure that staff provides effective sales-oriented customer service to retain and expand the account base. Focus efforts with team members on discovering and meeting the underlying needs of a customer.
- Provide effective sales coaching to all personnel on a consistent basis. Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings and one-on-one sessions with direct reports.
- Exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions concerning staffing, training, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations in a timely manner.
- Control direct income and expenses to ensure compliance with branch goals. Operate within compensation guideline while providing appropriate staffing level.
- Maintain audit/compliance procedures. Adhere to audit controls to consistently achieve satisfactory audit ratings.Â Â
- Control all facility issues including security and branch appearance.
- Maintain appropriate controls to protect the Bank against fraudulent activity and losses. Ensure that all branch personnel are trained in banking policies and procedures, federal and state laws.
- Initiate, direct, implement and evaluate branch marketing to take full advantage of local opportunities. Recommend improvements to meet the needs of the area served by the branch.Â Represent TCF in community to both promote additional business and fulfill CRA requirements.
- Effectively manage the branch functions while meeting and adhering to corporate, legal and regulatory policies, guidelines, and requirements regarding compliance. Work with the Compliance and Legal departments for overall updates, procedure changes or development, and resolution of issues
- High School education or GED Required
- 2 yearsâ experience in sales/retail or financial services.
- 1 year supervisory or management experience. Demonstrated ability to train, coach, direct and motivate others to obtain sales goals.
- Experience in a goal driven environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to market and sell products and services.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- 2 - 4 years supervisory or management experience.
- Successful completion of management training program.
Bachelorâs Degree or Equivalent Experience
Proud to be an equal opportunity employerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair