TCF Financial Corporation
TCF Bank is a premier Midwest bank offering consumer and commercial banking, trust and wealth management, and specialty leasing and lending products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We are proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer.
Our team members will join other professionals that share the philosophy of making a positive impact.Â We are committed to building better communities by improving the quality of life in the communities we serve.
With TCF Bank, you will be part of a fast-paced, community-minded organization while enjoying excellent benefits and top career opportunities.
TCF National Bank and its affiliated companies (collectively TCF) is an equal employment opportunity employer. TCFâs policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital or familial status, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran or military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.Â TCF also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. TCFâs policy is to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or other characteristic as required by applicable law.
TCF provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.Â If you need an accommodation or assistance in the application process, please contact TCF Human Capital Management at [1-833-HCM-8454 or [HCMSC@tcfbank.com].
The Personal Banker delivers exceptional customer service while utilizing a consultative sales process to proactively provide solutions to assist new and existing customers in achieving their financial goals. The Personal Banker also provides sales, service and operational support to the retail banking center team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 1 - 3 Yearsâ experience in function
- 1 - 3 Yearsâ experience in industry
- NMLS registration required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver effective communication (verbal and written) proactively with a customer-oriented approach.
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales and service goals and initiatives; well-developed selling, cross-selling and referral skills.
- Thorough understanding of banking operations, product knowledge, sales, and new business development preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, while demonstrating accuracy in performing all work assignments. Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability; able to make sound and reasonable decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction with the Bank's exposure to loss and/or fraud.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; core banking software experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for opening accounts, consumer loans, home equity lines of credit, referrals to business partners and operating a cash drawer when necessary.
- Consistently execute activities and behaviors to meet established, sales, cross-sell and referral goals; conduct outbound calls and facilitate relationship review conversations with new and existing customers to establish, retain and expand relationships.
- Analyze financial and personal data to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer needs, educate customers on various products and services, explaining key features and benefits to deliver appropriate solutions and close sales.
- Monitor and manage accounts and relationships with new and existing customers; contact customers after opening accounts as part of the customer on-boarding process.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of products and services to support customer needs; proactively support sales campaign initiatives.
- Identify and resolve customer service issues; maintain professional poise and remain calm under pressure of time constraints and potential difficult customer situations.
- May provide assistance in completing procedures related to compliance, audit, opening and closing the banking center each day and support in training new and existing team members.
- May support the Banking Center Manager in providing overrides, and observing and providing feedback to the Teller team.
- Keep Banking Center Manager informed of all decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service that s/he is responsible for.
- Perform all duties in accordance with regulatory, operational, security and audit policies and procedures.
Other / Miscellaneous:
- Actively participate and assist in the facilitation of daily and weekly banking center team meetings.
- Participate in Community Reinvestment Act efforts and activities.
- Provide support on sales campaigns and other initiatives.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. TCF is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair