Beaumont Health System
Position Title: Medical Assistant
General Summary: Maintains patient flow by assisting and promoting the delivery of primary and preventative health care. Performs technical procedures, lab protocols and clinically oriented activities under physician/provider direction.
1. Acts as an assistant to the physician/provider by providing primary healthcare and patient care management.
2. Collaborates work efforts with the clerical staff to optimize operations and patient flow.
3. Interacts with outside healthcare facilities and agencies involving patient care and insurance.
4. Maintains updated competencies, demonstrating ability to speak to leadership and accreditation bodies about process and workflow.
5. Provides training for new staff.
6. Perform front office duties to provide coverage as needed.
7. Provide coverage in other departments or locations as needed.
8. Demonstrates excellent customer services skills and supports the model of patient and family centered care.
High school diploma or GED required.
Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program or LPN, EMT, ER Tech, paramedic certification or equivalent and relevant experience required.
May consider a nursing student from an accredited registered or licensed practice nurse program after a clinical course of study has begun.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
Must be able to perform diagnostic testing, EKG's, administer injections, blood pressures, navigate Epic One chart electronic health record, and assist with minor surgical procedures.
Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, medical assistant students, practice administration, and patients.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair