Semco Energy, Inc.
28-Oct-2020 to 27-Nov-2020 (EST)
Chesterfield, MI, USA
$63,372 to $74,556
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 401(k), PTO, Wellness, Educ. Assistance
Under minimal supervision, the Damage Prevention Specialist, focuses on mitigation and prevention strategies. The Damage Prevention Specialist is responsible for the on-site inspection of third-party construction near the Company's underground distribution system in an effort to minimize third-party damage and protect public safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates and manages the inspection of 3rd party excavations. Coordinates with contractor to ensure utilities are marked to minimize and prevent damage to facilities.
- Implements strategies to control, monitor, and prevent damage of Company facilities.
- Coordinates with various departments to develop processes for the administration and implementation of prevention initiatives.
- Ensure compliance and documentation of line locates on 3rd party sites.
- Analyze data from predictive modeling software to identify high risk 3rd party excavation sites to lower hit rates on Company facilities.
- Facilitate damage prevention education programs to the public and contractors.
- Assists in responding and coordinating emergency incidents utilizing the Incident Command System. Acts as a liaison for the Company with area Contractors and Excavators promoting damage prevention and safe excavating practices.
- Adheres to company internal control procedures and financial processes.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field to uphold responsibilities as subject matter expert.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of gas main and service line locating procedures.
- Knowledge of GIS software.
- Gas industry experience.
Proven organizational and analytical skills, including the ability to evaluate data,compile statistics, and prepare reports, graphs, tables and charts.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in order to dealeffectively with a variety of interpersonal relationships and situations.
Good working knowledge of spreadsheet applications and various personal computer business software applications presently used by the Company.
Abilityto learn new applications.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and management.
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and the public through adherence to established safety standards and timely reporting of potential hazards.
- Must adhere to Company policies and procedures related to the code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of Company assets, and all applicable state and federal laws.
- Able to work in a standard office environment. Work involves sitting at a desk and operating personal computer equipment for extended periods of time. Duties may also involve occasional bending, stooping and lifting of up to 25 lbs. unassisted. Travel to various worksites in different Company locations may also be required, depending on assignment.
SEMCO Energy is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job. (EOE, including disability/vets)
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair