Prime Healthcare Services-Garden City Hospital
FacilityGarden City HospitalInsurance Biller Collector - GCHLocationUS-MI-Garden CityID2020-40890CategoryAdminPosition TypeFull TimeShiftDaysResponsibilities
* The Biller is responsible for submitting claims to the appropriate intermediaries and to insure that procedures and charges are coded in compliance with all payers including Medi-Cal and/or Medicare regulations. Responsible for obtaining required authorizations necessary for the processing and payment of claims. The Biller is responsible for the follow-up and denial management as necessary for final resolution. Responsible to identify the various types of diagnosis and procedures codes (ICD9, CPT, HCPCS, DRG) as they relate to reimbursement. Communicates clearly and efficiently by phone and in person with clients and staff members.* Maintains productivity standards and reports.* Obtains updated demographic information and all necessary information needed to comply with the various Government Programs billing requirements. Operates computer to input follow up notes and retrieve collection and patient information. Maintains proficiency in Medical Terminology
Education and Work Experience
- Previous Billing Experience within a hospital Business Office Required.
- Previous experience with government programs and collections preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs to meet required timelines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer Services experience required.
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent Required (effective 4/1/14 for all new hires).
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources: email@example.com
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair