Beyond Our Barriers for Michigan
Beyond Our Barriers for Michigan (BOB4MI) operates as a socially responsible for profit focused on innovation, education and facilitation as it pertains to helping businesses gain a more diverse workforce. We do this by utilizing our innovative web platform and other related tools and services to encourage businesses to adopt more inclusive practices for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and retaining people with disabilities.
About the Founder
Justin Caine is a passionate advocate for people with disabilities. Having disabilities himself, stemming from a cancerous brain tumor hemorrhage he had at age 10, he has struggled with many of the same issues many people with disabilities and other barriers to employment have faced. Today, along with Beyond Our Barriers, he also co-owns an award winning video production company, Good Fruit Video and has founded several other initiatives, including the BOOM Awards, an annual statewide award ceremony for people with disabilities, the Donna Jean Lowery Memorial Scholarship, helping a person with a disability pay for the costs of post-secondary education and Battlefield Brawl, a local flag football fundraiser for local charities. Justin works alongside other leaders in the state, serving on the State of Michigan’s Special Education Advisory Committee, the Committee on the Purchase of Goods and Services from Community Rehabilitation Organizations, and the Small Business Association of Michigan’s Leadership Council.
Justin also competes in Para-Athletics (F/T36) where he's been named a two-time All-American in shot put, long jump and 100 meter dash. He previously held the US Record in shot put (2016) and currently holds the US Record in discus (2015 - present).
Justin is married to his wife, Meaghan, and together they have two daughters, Felicity and Silas.
Candidate Job Interests
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, Animal Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Music
- Automotive Technology
- Communications, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service
- Community/Social , Family & Child Services
- Construction, Real Estate, Utilities, Trades
- Education & Training
- Finance, Accounting, Insurance, Banking
- General Business & Administration
- Government, Public Administration
- Health Science, Wellness
- Hospitality, Tourism, Retail
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Security
- Manufacturing, Design, Production
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
- Services - Misc
- Transportation, Logistics, Related Repair